I don’t think I’ve ever been so fond of a product before, especially a food one at that. I originally was skeptical of this pancake mix simply because of all of the boxed mixes my mother used when I was growing up. Let’s just say Aunt Jermima has nothing on Kodiak Cakes.
What makes it so special?
1. It’s versatile! Pancakes are just the beginning when it comes to creating recipes with this mix. Try muffins, donuts, cookies, the possibles are endless.
2. It’s high in protein! 7grams per 38 gram serving… HELLO!
3. They are made with 100% whole grain wheat flour with no added fats or sugars might I add!
I typically use the mix to create recipes that I am able to take with me on the go such as muffins so tonight I had a bit of time to meal prep and came up with these!
Cinnamon Roll Mini Muffins
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix
- 1/2 scoop cinnamon roll whey protein
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup steamed riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. You don’t have to use cauliflower but I like volume therefore I always add some sort of vegetable in my mixes… pumpkin, banana, etc. If you are going to though make sure you prep this before hand. I steamed my cauliflower then diced it into fine pieces.
2. Once you have your ingredients rounded up through them all into a bowl and whisk away. Place into prepared muffin tins (silicon works the best). This recipe will make 3 big muffins or 7 small ones. Of course this depends on how thick you like your muffins!
3. Bake for 20-25 mins. Watch because every oven is different!
Don’t forget to check out kodiakcakes on their website!